The start of round 3 started off at Sunset Hills for the ladies, and Paige Pierce continues to build on her commanding lead. Pierce is shooting a (-7) on the day bringing her lead to 9 strokes. She leads the field in birdie rate at 48%, strokes gained tee to green (20.70), and strokes gained putting (7.72). There is a close battle heating up for second place with four players within 2 strokes. Missy Gannon currently sits in solo second shooting a (-5) on the day. She is second in birdie rate at (33%) and leads the field with the lowest OB rate (.037).
Sarah Hokum keeps the third place spot with a (-5) on the day, only one back from Gannon. Hokum shot a relatively clean card with only one bogey on the day. She leads the field with fairway hits on the day at 89%, as well 89% circle 2 in regulation. Catrina Allen makes a big jump moving up 5 spots to fourth place with a (-8) hot round of the day. Maria Oliva is tied with Allen for fourth place after shooting a (-5). Oliva has a 100% C1x putting on the day.
With only one round left to crown the champ, FPO heads to Northwood Black for the final round.
FPO Round 3 Notes:
- 2 eagles were carded on the day on Hole 6 (712ft), from Maria Oliva and Kona Panis.
- Catrina Allen led in strokes gained tee to green at 6.29
- Kona Panis makes a big jump up 14 spots with strokes gained putting at 3.57
- Catrina Allen and Paige Pierce lead in circle 1 in regulation at 61%
On the MPO side, we saw the men back at Northwood Black. We have a tough battle ahead here for the top spot with only 3 strokes separating 6 players. Ricky Wysocki is tied for the lead shooting a (-3) on the day, (-17) total. Wysocki only had one bogey on the day and it came on the final hole 18. Calvin Heimburg (-17), shoots a (-1) for the round, while carding 4 bogeys on the day; still good for a 1034 rated round.
Eagle McMahon is right behind them in solo third place (-16), shooting a (-4) round. McMahon is on pace for a record setting year for most cash in a single season, he’s currently averaging $4,316 per event. Andrew Marwede (-2) and Drew Gibson (+1) are tied up at (-14 total) for fourth place. Drew Gibson rings up an incredible 281ft throw-in eagle on hole 2.
— Disc Golf Pro Tour (@DiscGolfProTour) August 8, 2021
MPO Round 3 Notes:
- Eagle McMahon shot 100% C1x putting and is first in scramble rate at 67%.
- 2 aces hit on the day. Garry Patton hole 16 (330ft) and Andrew Presnell hole 17 (320ft)
- Kyle Klein led the round in birdie rate (56%), fairway hits (86%) and strokes gained tee to green (8.57)
- Calvin Heimburg leads overall in circle one in regulation (46%) and circle 2 in regulation (63%)
There is only one round left to crown the champion, MPO will continue battling at Eureka Lake this afternoon.
Turn in tomorrow for the Final Round action on the Disc Golf Network and watch for free on YouTube, FPO starts at 11am CT. MPO starts at 3:00 CT. Follow the live scoring at UDisc Live, and check out all of the post-production of Round 3 from JomezPro, Gatekeeper Media, and GK Productions.