The DGPT is the media rights holder for the 2021 Disc Golf Pro Tour Elite Series and Silver Series, as well as the 2021 PDGA National Tour, 2021 PDGA Professional World Championship, and the 2021 United States Women’s Disc Golf Championship.
All persons or entities requesting access to these events must be credentialed by the Disc Golf Pro Tour. Types of credentials and processes for obtaining them are outlined below.
Professional Use – Commercial
Commercial use media is defined as any content that is directly monetized and/or promotes a brand, business, product, or service. Commercial use includes, but is not limited to:
- Any photo or video captured or used for monetized public social media accounts, and/or accounts using or capturing media to promote affiliate links external to the Disc Golf Pro Tour.
- Any photo or video captured or used for privately monetized/paywalled accounts or services
- Any photo or video captured or used for promoting commercial interests of a third party
If you wish to use any photo, video, or audio obtained at the event for commercial use, please fill out the DGPT Content Creation Form. The DGPT reserves the right to approve or deny any credential requests, or charge a fee for commercial media access. These regulations are required to protect our relationships with and the interests of our partners who have existing media rights with the DGPT, as well as to protect against unintended co-opting of the individual brands of the athletes competing on the DGPT.
Commercial requests must be received 7 days prior to the start of the event. Upon approval, we will provide instructions on how to receive your credential. You can email us with any further questions.
Professional Use – Editorial
The DGPT welcomes independent editorial media to attend its events, and provides editorial-use exemptions from fees associated with capturing or using professional media related to our events. Editorial use includes, but is not limited to:
- Television news crews
- News media websites
- Video channels used for interviewing and/or highlighting tournaments, so long as any extrinsic sponsorship of the channel itself does not purport to associate with the DGPT or its events, athletes, staff, or volunteers, and so long as the content captured or used by the channel is not directly used to promote commercial interests of a third party.
Editorial outlets may be granted credentialed access to tournament play, as well as access to interview zones at tournament central. However, depending on the space limitations of certain venues, access may be limited. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
If you wish to use any photo, video, or audio obtained at the event for editorial use, you must fill out the DGPT Media Credential Request Form. The DGPT reserves the right to approve or deny any credential requests. Your completed credential request form must be received no later than 48 hours before the start of the event. Upon approval, we will provide instructions on how to receive your credential. You can email us with any further questions.
The DGPT appreciates our avid disc golf fans and spectators. We encourage you to share images, videos, and audio from our events to personal pages and social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)!
If this is how your media is being used, then there is no need to fill out a credential request form. As a reminder, you may not directly monetize any media through paywalls or advertisements, nor use it to promote a brand, business, product, or service.
Capturing media for personal use does not grant access to any restricted areas, including but not limited to, the course, the press conferences/media days, or individual access to players.
Personal Use does not allow for livestreaming, no matter what purpose. All livestreams require a Commercial or Editorial credential request (see above for guidelines).
Please adhere to the following guidelines when onsite for an event:
- Ensure cell phones are set to silent or vibrate.
- Ensure camera shutters are silent or are not used until after players release their shots. Please refrain from using your camera’s flash.
- Please refrain from standing in the players’ line of sight.
- Please allow players, caddies, and professional media enough space to move from hole to hole.
- Please follow directions from crowd control volunteers and remain off the line of play at all times.
- Please refrain from asking players for autographs during a round.
- IMPORTANT: Please refer to the COVID-19 guidelines for each individual event, and understand that in order to be good citizens and a part of the solution, situations for individual events may change over time. More information on COVID-19 policies available here.
Violations of the Personal Use media policy may result in removal from the venue, with no refunds given, subject to the discretion of the Tournament Director, their designated staff, and/or the Disc Golf Pro Tour staff.
Tag us – @DiscGolfProTour – in your posts so we can help share in your tournament experience! Thank you for doing your part to keep our events a safe and secure environment for players and fans alike! See you out there!