The Tour Championship is the culmination of the Disc Golf Pro Tour season. After nine events over six months, 32 men and 12 women are invited to test their mettle. From each division (MPO/FPO), only one can be crowned Tour Champion.
Over four days, players will battle to advance to the Finals. In each round, the scores are reset and the slate is wiped clean. To advance, you must excel. Every Round.
Earning Tour Points
To encourage more participation throughout the season, the more Tour Points you accumulate, the better your chances at advancing. There are two ways Tour Points help:
- The top 16 MPO players and the top 4 FPO players will earn byes in the Tour Championship, meaning they will not have to play in the first round. The top 8 MPO players get a bye in the second round as well.
- Tour points break ties in the first two rounds, meaning if you tie someone to make the cut into the next round, the player with the most Tour Points advances.
Players will receive points for their best seven finishes from the nine tour stops. If players compete in seven or fewer events, they are eligible for the Tour Championship and will receive points from every tour stop they attend.
- 8/27/18: Invites will be issued to the Top 32 men and the Top 12 women.
- 9/3/18: Any spots that have not been accepted will be offered to the next highest players until all 32 MPO and all 12 FPO spots are filled.
The top 50 men and the top 15 women will be considered DGPT Touring Pros for the 2019 season
- 17th-32nd in Tour Points – Invited to play, top 8 advance to the Quarterfinals
- 9th-16th in Tour Points – bye into the Quarterfinals, top 8 advance to the Semifinals
- 1st-8th in Tour Points – bye into the Semifinals
- 5th-12th in Tour Points – Invited to play, top 4 advance to the Quarterfinals
- 1st-4th in Tour Points – bye into the Semifinals
- Tuesday and Wednesday are designated practice days.
- Minimum payout of $500 to every player that attends.