Players to watch: Wysocki leads the charge, others battle for position
September 17, 2016
Wysocki needs to keep the pedal to the metal as Ulibarri, Koling and the gaggle at 16 down will be looking to make a charge. Our guess is that one or two of them emerge in the first five holes and vie for the title.
- Paul Ulibarri sits in second place. If he can maintain – or catch Ricky – he is in The Eight.
- Nikko Locastro and Drew Gibson sit in fourth, two shots behind Uli. If either of them can move up to second, they will be in good position to challenge for The Eight.
- Alex Geisinger sits in 51st place. If he can move up to 30th, he will be in good position to secure his spot. If not, he is opening himself up to a continued precipitous slide out of The Eight.
- Nate Sexton is in 8th and would be looking to move up a spot or two to secure his standing in The Eight.
Either way, there are five players challenging for three spots.
Here we go!
Make the Quarters
There is also a group of players that are close to getting into the top 48. Players will need around 40 points to qualify for the Tour Championship. Below is a list of players, their current points, their tour position, their tournament position, and what they need to do to get above 40 points. Please note, if all of these players do well, the 40 points estimate may not be enough to get in.
- Don Smith, currently 16th in tournament, needs to be 25th or better.
- Eric Oakley, currently 30th in tournament, needs to be 34th or better.
- Cody Bradshaw, currently 51st in tournament, needs to be 48th or better.
- Chris Critter Meyer, currently 43rd in tournament, needs to be 40th or better.
- Jason Dore, currently 43rd in tournament, needs to be 40th or better.
- Curtis Manahan, currently 38th in tournament, needs to be 34th or better.
- Tomas Rosenqvist, currently 54th in tournament, needs to be 50th or better.
- Taylor Cimala, currently 48th in tournament, needs to be 42nd or better.