Position Title: Operations & Logistics Manager
The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) is seeking a disc golf operations professional to fill the role of Operations & Logistics Manager. The Operations Manager will be the full-time point person for the DGPT’s road operation. Responsibilities include advanced planning with each venue and location, travel logistics planning, and retail management, set up, and sales.
Applicants should not only have extensive logistics experience but the desire to be on the road and fully immersed in the coordination and set up of Pro Tour activations throughout the 2021 season.
The DGPT is an organization dedicated to the promotion and growth of professional disc golf through the administration of our Tour, a series of elite disc golf tournaments across North America. We focus on teamwork, innovation, and collaboration to achieve our goals and look forward to hiring a media professional that shares our passion for the sport of disc golf to help grow our organization and the game.
Responsible to: Operations & Admin Director, Tour Director
- Collaboration on and execution of 2021 Travel Planning & Logistics
- Oversees all DGPT vehicles & course equipment
- Lodging, Food & Drink coordination for DGPT Event & Road Crew
- Management of all on-site retail including transportation, set up, sales, and management
- Management of DGPT on course assets
- Experience in travel, logistics, and equipment management.
- Experience in disc golf course design, asset set up and execution.
- Experience in retail management and an extensive understanding of disc golf products
- Demonstrated ability to multitask through strong organizational skills
- Experience with and understanding of elite event standards including crowd control.
- High degree of professionalism working with clients, coworkers, players, volunteers, event teams, and service providers.
- Result-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Positive demeanor & outlook when working with teammates and clients.
- Effective communication skills in person and through text & email.
- A Bachelor’s degree in event management, logistics or a related degree.
- Three or more years of experience in a logistics, event or travel related position.
- Experience transporting vehicles and equipment long distances.
- Aptitude with vehicle maintenance
- Experience working on tours of over 3 months in length.
- Commercial Drivers License
- Assistance of transportation of DGPT Truck & Trailer from event to event
- Attendance at weekly events.
- This position is on the road from February through October.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Willingness to be a team player and complete other tasks as necessary.
- A full-time, salaried position:
- Base salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Travel vehicle and lodging provided.
- Travel expenses paid, weekly meal stipend
- Access to an employee health, dental, and vision insurance program.
- Access to simple IRA/401(k) plan with business contributions.
- Paid time off and sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
Application Deadline: Dec. 16, 2020
Hiring Date: January 6, 2021
Projected Start Date: January 13, 2021
To apply, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining your previous event and disc golf experience and your interest in this position.
- A resume including links to any relevant video production you’ve created.
- References from previous professional experiences.