Bright skies and light wind were found in Leicester, MA for the first round of the MVP Open at Maple Hill. As one of the last two stops on the Disc Golf Pro Tour before the Tour Championships, players have a lot on the line to play for if they hope to maintain their place or bump someone out of their coveted slot.
Famous for both its long open holes and tight wooded fairways, Maple Hill proved to be quite a challenge for the competitors so far this weekend. Birdies and bogeys were flying around as often as pars, and many all on the same hole. While each hole outcome could go either way for players, the first round of action sure was exciting for spectators and viewers.
Round 2 Lead Card: Kona Star Panis | Missy Gannon | Maria Oliva | Catrina Allen
Round 1 FPO Notes:
- Sarah Hokom (+2) lead with 6 birdies, but 3 costly double-bogeys kept her from the lead card heading into day 2.
- Kona Star Panis (-1) gained the most strokes from Tee to Green with 8.10, Maria Oliva (E) was just behind her at 7.77.
- Missy Gannon (E) gained 4.30 strokes on the field from putting, with a 78% from C1X and 38% from C2.
- Ellen Widboom (+8) was 75% from C2, with makes from 38-ft, 49-ft, and 60-ft, and also had a 110-ft throw in on Hole 16
Round 2 Lead Card: Eagle McMahon | Ricky Wysocki | Adam Hammes | Joel Freeman
Round 1 MPO Notes:
- Eagle McMahon (-9) and Adam Hammes (-6) both lead with 61% birdie conversion; Hammes had the lowest par rate, 11% due to 5 bogeys.
- McMahon also lead with most strokes gained from Tee to Green with 8.84.
- Cale Leiviska (-2) was the best from C2, hitting all 3 attempts, two from 38-ft and one from 49-ft.
- Ricky Wysocki (-6), Matthew Orum (-5), and Zackeriath Johnson (-5) are the only players in the top 30 without an OB stroke.
Round 2 of the MVP Open at Maple Hill will be broadcasted on the Disc Golf Network on Sept 4th at 1:00 pm EST. Follow along with the action on UDisc Live or the PDGA scorecard. And all Round 1 Post-Production rounds can be found on Jomez Pro, Gatekeeper Media, and GK Pro.