On July 2nd-4th, the Disc Golf Pro Tour’s Silver Series Event heads to the Midwest. The venue is The Clash at the Canyons V Presented by Discmania and with a stacked field in both MPO and FPO, the hype behind this event promises to have an exciting finish. We are coming off the heels of the most exciting PDGA World Championships in history, so the table is set for Lockport, Illinois to provide plenty of challenge and drama, to give a show for the capacity crowd in attendance.
The Canyons at Dellwood Park snake around a winding creek aptly named “Fraction Run”, and with this weeks rain feeding the rapids, the OB hazards are aplenty. Some of the top ranked players will be sitting this one out, but with a sold out field (126 MPO/19 FPO) fireworks are sure to ensue from competitors looking to move up the rankings. Could we see a breakout performance this weekend?
The Canyons at Dellwood Park is hosting their first DGPT event, and the hard work and dedication of the volunteers, tournament staff, and local community is ecstatic to show the world one of the top 10 courses in the world.
Dubbed the Clash XXL Layout, MPO and FPO will be competing on the par 62, 8419′ course.
With $15,000 added cash the battle is sure to be fierce at the top. Last year’s winner, Ezra Aderhold will be returning to defend the crown, but hot on his heels we have many big competitors such as Brodie Smith, Nikko Locastro, as well as local favorites Brian Earhart and Dan Schlitter.
- Gavin Rathbun comes in with 3 top finishes at Silver Series events this year; 3rd at Goat Hill, 5th at Vintage Open, and 6th at Belton.
- Thomas Earhart finished 2nd at Clash IV last year. He’ll be looking to get his 2nd win of the season at his DGPT event this season.
- Philo Brathwaite, a perennial fan favorite is looking for another strong finish here. Last year, he finished 3rd at Clash IV.
On the women’s side, Dellwood is welcoming the largest FPO field in Clash history with notable competitors such as Kristin Tattar, Sarah Hokom, and Juliana Korver. Also don’t sleep on local Illinois player Kacie Glade to make a splash in her first DGPT event this year.
- Kristin Tattar is looking to continue her solid play during her US Tour with a follow up from the 5th place finish at the PDGA World Championship.
- Sarah Gilpin is coming off a 17th place finish at World’s, but also is currently ranked 3rd in C1X (80%).
- Christine Jennings has been on a tear lately, with 1st place finishes in 6 of 8 of her last events.
A Quick Look into Dellwood Disc Golf:
Video Courtesy: Disc Golf Digest
Spectator tickets can be purchased here.
Here’s everything you need to know on how to follow the action this weekend:
UDisc Live | Visit Site
With more stats than you can shake a stick at, keep an eye on UDisc Live all week for in-the-moment moves from the tournament’s DGPT field.
Tee Time & Round Ratings
PDGA | Visit Site
Official scores, tee times, and round ratings can be found on the official event page on PDGA.com.
Live Video Coverage
You can watch the final round live on Disc Golf Network on Sunday, July 4th, beginning at 2:30 p.m. CT.
Next-Day Video Coverage
GK Pro | Watch Here
Next-Day coverage of Men’s Feature Card of | Philo Brathwaite | Thomas Earhart | Gavin Rathbun | Dan Schlitter
Ace Run Pro | Watch Here
Next-Day coverage of Women’s feature card of | Juliana Korver | Sarah Hokom | Kristin Tattar | Kacie Glade