Position Title: Social Media Manager
The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) is seeking a media professional to fill the role of Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager will plan, develop, post and manage all Disc Golf Pro Tour’s social content across all platforms, which they will operate and moderate. The Social Media Manager will work directly with marketing and media teams to streamline content moves across all platforms and mediums, from social to Disc Golf Network, YouTube, and beyond. The Social Media Manager will also develop social specific content suited to social media channels.
The DGPT is an organization dedicated to the promotion and growth of professional disc golf through the administration of our Tour, a series of elite disc golf tournaments across North America. We focus on teamwork, innovation, and collaboration to achieve our goals and look forward to hiring a media professional that shares our passion for the sport of disc golf to help grow our organization and the game.
Responsible to: Media Director, Marketing & Communications Manager
- Collaboration on and execution of a Yearly Media Plan
- Creation and implementation of social content.
- Communication with media team & graphic designers on development of content
- Coordination and implementation of in-event social media including working with and managing Regional Representatives
- Travel & Production responsibilities at events when necessary
- Manage internal calendar of social media content
- Coordinate with different departments and partners to ensure that front-facing announcements are delivered accurately.
- Create interesting and unique content for social media utilizing video and photo editing, as well as motion graphics wherever necessary.
- Create, develop, and manage new accounts (i.e. TikTok and Snapchat) for the Disc Golf Pro Tour
- Experience developing, managing and growing social media accounts for professional business.
- Experience in filming, editing, and photo and video content creation.
- Understanding of media and social trends and how to apply them to professional disc golf.
- Disc golf experience & an understanding of the growth of the professional side of the sport including the DGPT’s vision and mission.
- A high degree of professionalism in working with clients, coworkers, players, volunteers, event teams, and service providers.
- Result-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Positive demeanor & outlook when working with teammates and clients.
- Effective communication skills in person and through text & email.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- A Bachelor’s in media, communications, or a related degree.
- Knowledge of Adobe Software suite (particularly Premiere Pro, Illustrator, After Effects, and Photoshop).
- Experience running a variety of social media handles across multiple platforms, experience in professional sports is a bonus.
- Three or more years of experience in a social media-related position.
- Experience working in disc golf and knowledge of the professional development of the sport.
- Attendance at certain DGPT events.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Willingness to be a team player and complete other tasks as necessary.
- A full-time, salaried position beginning in late April/early May 2021
- Base salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Travel expenses paid, including a weekly meal stipend when traveling
- Access to employee health, dental, and vision insurance programs.
- Access to simple IRA/401(k) plan with business contributions.
- Paid time off and sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2021
Hiring Date: May 1, 2021
Projected Start Date: May 7, 2021
To apply, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining your previous media, social media and disc golf experience and your interest in this position.
- A resume including links to any relevant social accounts you’ve created, managed, or grown.
- References from previous professional experiences.